Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2012

Well today marks the 11th week since my accident!! I can't believe it has been 11 weeks, somedays it feels longer than that and other days it feels like it was just yesterday. I am still healing, I still have the wound vac on and it is healing the wound right up. I take a picture of the wound everytime the nurse comes to change the dressing I have to keep looking at the previous pictures to remind myself how much it has healed because it seems so very slow but it has only been 3 weeks since we started the wound vac and it is already looking a tons better. I am so very thankful for modern medicine and the amazing technologies that are out there. I am so anxious to get back to work and to get back to living at my house I miss my friends at work and I never thought that I would say that I miss work but I miss it tremendously. I will never take for granted the ability to work and to take care of myself. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for the many blessings that he has provided me with and for protecting me 11 weeks ago. I am so very thankful for the first responders that cared for me on that day 11 weeks ago and for all the ER and hospital staff that cared for me at Portneuf Medical Center and then for those that cared for me at the University of Utah hospital. They are all heroes in my book!!
I go back to Salt Lake this Thursday for a follow up appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon I am hoping for good news and ready to move on to the next step in my recovery process. I am also hoping that he will maybe give me a possible date of when I can return to work then I will have something to look forward to!!

4 comments:

  1. So awesome to hear you are healing! Time.......Time....patience! Hope all continues to go well! Hope your jobe holds out for you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing Andrea...you have been through so much and you continue to have such a great attitude. Stay positive...you are getting better and stronger everyday. We're all still praying for your quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending postive thoughts and vibes for a wonderful appt on thursday. you need to come home soon, otherwise you're not going to recognize the neighborhood! lol...anyway, good luck and holler if we can do anything to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truely are a inspiration! Always a smile on your face for us all to see. Even when things are down right tough! Hang in there Andrea you have conquered so much! Patience Patience Patience :) Love Aunt Jamy

    ReplyDelete